Writing the Exhibit Review

I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my exhibit review for my Tuesday class.  The subject of my review is Alexis Rockman's exhibit at the Wexner Center entitled "Fable for Tomorrow". 

There is a lot to take in with the exhibit.  Sitting here in the comfort and shelter of my suburban home I can't help but wonder how Rockman's work would have taken shape had he been a native of the suburbs rather than Brooklyn, NY. 

I can't help but think there is plenty of material here in the suburb.  I have been contemplating including birds and houses in my pieces referencing the constant push pull between human habitations and habitats for animals.  My mind is on bird houses.  It's funny that anyone would use a bird's house (a tree) to build a "bird house" which one can view from the shelter of his or her house, the building of which was made possible by clearing away the bird's original houses (the trees).  Confused?   There is something there (maybe a future piece).