In working on the project I realize that I what I am focusing on is the way humans arrange nature so that it becomes nothing more than ornament.   Repetition breeds familiarity which in turns makes one comfortable.  In doing away with the rough, chaotic tendencies of nature the attempt is made to do away with any romantic notion of the sublime.  This ordering of nature wipes out the unknown and leaves a neat, orderly, and ornamented grid to work and live in.  The grid is constantly being challenged of course by deterioration, the elements, and nature itself.    The ornament itself eventually becomes outdated and worn out.

I've been sewing 6 panels of trees (3 each).  The trees are very orderly.  They are arranged to mimic arches.  I started working on the trees as the base of a city I was going to create.  I had been thinking of the way the trees themselves become ornament in urban and suburban landscapes.  I decided to make the trees more ornamental adding lace, sequins, and beads. 

I spent a couple of days hanging a grid on the second floor open space of the Design Building.  Over the next couple of days I will be playing around with the arrangement of the trees.  To date I have sewn 6 panels at 10 yards each of trees.  I have also sewn up panels of architecture.   I am not sure at this point if I want to use the architecture.  I may just stick to the idea of the nature as ornament by creating an ornamental (and orderly) forest of trees, birds, plants, etc...